If you do not understand racism (white supremacy) and how it works, everything else you understand will only confuse you. - Neely Fuller

We need something to clarify everything for us, because we get confused...but if we use the concept of Asili, we will understand that whatever it is they are doing, whatever terms they use, however they come at you, you need to be thinking about what? How is this going to facilitate their power and help them to dominate me? -Marimba Ani

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Barack Obama & The Common Man, Part 1


From The Common Man

I understand the euphoria
but only Barack has overcome
the common man hasn't made it
until they stop incarcerating my sons
and compromising my daughters
and take their crime out of my community
and replace it with education and services
stuff I pay for but never get
government, laws and enforcers
are supposed to serve and protect
but they make my community worse
the media supports these usual suspects
along with businesses that are raiders
they succeed at being terror traders
of deceit and corruption for money and power

Will America bend down with Barack Obama
as he extends a hand to the common man?

Get out of my way so I can reach back
get off my back so I can stand
and return what has been taken and divided
access and opportunity to make a living
things promised but not provided
without them destabilizes me and family
establishes the foundation to vilify me
calling my protests for human rights militant
a terrorist tactic to stigmatize me

I've lived on hope for years
so why are there hunger and thirst
and young graves of iron, mind and earth
and a helluva lot of hot tears
America you ain't off the hook
there's a discrepancy and a hypocrisy
when you characterize one president by his look
when he's already accomplished much more
so you certainly won't see past the color of me
cause you still ignore Kings of Scotland
and Emperors of Rome in world ancestry

Dr. King didn't dream, Dr. King made demands
The Black Panthers, SNCC, CORE
and Nation of Islam also made the call
Will there be liberty and justice for all?
Will the common man be part of the plan?
And can America survive without an underclass?
If not, can I at least be angry?

Technorati Tags:
, , , ,